Mathematics Resource Grants
Grants that help build a strong math foundation for students
Infant, toddler, and preschool teachers in programs serving low-income families and public school teachers of grades TK-3 in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Limit of 3 grants per site for TK-3 schools, and all other sites will depend on classroom size; one grant per teacher each year.
Grants of up to $500 are available to fund books, materials, software, manipulatives and professional development related to mathematics. We encourage requests which show curriculum resources are articulated between grade levels. (ex. Preschool with Kindergarten, 1st with 2nd grade, etc.)
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Fax your application to (510) 645-1892, or scan and email your application to email@example.com.
It’s easy! Simply fax in (or scan and email) a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and notation on it that request is for a Mathematics Grant
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Your name, email address and grade level
- Total amount requested (If you will need to use part of the funds to mail items to students, please include that in your itemization)
- Description of your project
- Item by item listing of how the money will be spent
- For TK-3rd grade teachers: Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal. For infant, toddler, and preschool teachers: Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the executive director of the program. (If you cannot get your application physically signed, please cc your principal/director when submitting your request by email and let them know to respond by confirming that they approve your application for review. This email will serve as their “signature”)
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding is Available for the 2020-2021 School Year
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
This program is made possible with funding by the Heising-Simons Foundation.
Top banner photo credit: Craig Sherod
Help us keep this program thriving.
“Many of my second language students are starting to use the math vocabulary more, because the math games provide a relaxing way of learning difficult concepts that stimulate and electrify their English language abilities.”
– Jennifer Miller, 2nd grade teacher, Santa Teresa Elementary School, San Jose, California