Social Worker/CASA Grants
Supporting the critical needs of youth in the dependency system
Recognizing the need for innovative partnerships to address the needs of vulnerable youth in foster care, PVF created the Social Worker/CASA Resource Grant Program. These grants are designed to meet the critical needs of these youth as identified by their social workers and Court-Appointed Special Advocates.
Any Children & Family Services Social Worker or Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) working with foster care youth in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties is eligible to apply.
Social Workers are eligible to apply for a maximum of four grants in a one-year period.
CASAs are eligible to apply for a maximum of two grants in a one-year period.
Grants of up to $250 will be awarded to Social Workers or Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) to help meet the critical needs of clients who are children in dependency court.
Examples include funding for eye glasses, dental care, medical testing, clothing, school supplies, tutoring, music lessons, summer camp, etc.
Due to a high volume of requests, we are unable to fund senior-related activities, such as prom dresses or graduation items.
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Fax your application to (510) 645-1892, or scan and email your application to email@example.com.
It’s easy! Simply fax in (or scan and email) a description of your idea on county or agency letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Social Worker/CASA Resource Grant notation
- Your name, title, email, address, telephone & fax number
- Description of the child and reason funding is needed (impact it will have)
- Total amount requested and detail of how money will be spent itemizing unit prices.
- Who to make the check payable to if awarded. Checks can be made payable to the social worker, CASA, or sometimes directly to a vendor (if paid to a vendor, please provide name of payee, and address; check will be mailed to the social worker/CASA)
- Application must have signature approval and contact information of your supervisor
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of critical needs we have funded:
- $74 for a carpentry class textbook to enable youth to obtain vocational training.
- $250 to purchase a bed and protective mattress covering to relieve the psychological distress of a 12-year old boy suffering frequent urination problems after suffering sexual abuse.
- $100 for a young boy, who was moved through 5 foster homes in one year, to help fund his tuition to a farm camp. This allowed him to further explore his love of animals.
- $184 for bus passes for a recently emancipated youth to get to and from his job.
- $120 for a young boy to receive a bicycle, both for physical exercise and to get him to and from school.
More from our blog
Funding is currently available!
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
Help us keep this program thriving.
“With this grant, my CASA youth received new glasses and is now better able to study and spend time outdoors. Her life has been full of physical and emotional difficulties and special needs. Yet she continues to strive in spite of all the difficulties she has had to experience. For a youth who in her young life has experienced so little good, the knowledge that there are people like you who care is priceless.”
– A CASA describes how a grant she received addressed both physical and emotional critical needs of her CASA youth