Visiting Artist Grants
Grants to bring artists and their expertise into the classroom
Teachers can apply for an artist or art historian for their classroom. These are visual and material artists who would complement the lesson plan. This program is open to teachers at low-income public schools for TK-12th grade in Alameda, San Mateo, and San Francisco counties. Examples: painter, sculptor, wood carver, weaver.
Limit of two grants per school and one grant per teacher.
Grants of up to $500 will be given to pay for the artist and materials.
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Fax your application to (510) 645-1892, or scan and email your application to email@example.com.
Simply fax in (or scan and email) a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Visiting Artist in the Classroom notation
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Your name, grade level and email address
- Name, address and phone number of the visiting artist
- Total amount requested (If you will need to use part of the funds to mail items to students, please include that in your itemization)
- Description of your art project
- Itemization of how the money will be spent (we encourage same grade level teachers to apply together to maximize this resource grant). Include how many hours the artist will give instruction, how many students will benefit, and itemized costs of artists and art resources needed for project.
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal (If you cannot get your application physically signed, please cc your principal/director when submitting your request by email and let them know to respond by confirming that they approve your application for review. This email will serve as their “signature”)
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding is Available for the 2020-2021 School Year
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
This program is made possible with funding by The Geballe Family.
Help us keep this program thriving.
“This grant definitely helped me in my teaching by reinforcing once again how important the arts are for children! Moreover, the materials and technique are doable in the classroom. The visiting artist inspired my students and their teacher!”
– Andrea Soltero, fourth grade teacher