Science Resource Grants
Grants to enhance classroom science programs
Any K-12 grade teacher working at a low-income public school in Alameda, San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara County is eligible to apply.
Limit of two grants per school and one grant per teacher.
Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to teachers for hands-on materials to enhance their classroom science instruction, with a focus on life sciences and chemistry.
- Chemistry lab sets
- Water testing materials
- Classroom microscopes
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Fax your application to (510) 645-1892, or scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s easy! Simply fax in (or scan and email) a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and “Science Resource Grant” notation
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Teacher name, email address, and grade level
- Total amount requested
- Description of your project; how many students will benefit
- Itemization of how the money will be spent
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or email@example.com.
FUNDING IS AVAILABLE FOR THE
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
Help us keep this program thriving.
“Teaching science effectively requires demonstrations, hands on assignments, and interactive field work. All of these things makes science a favorite subject for many students. It is often stressful trying to find creative ways to fund science costs. This grant was great because it met my need without taking away too much of my planning time.”
– Kevin Terjesen, science teacher, A.P. Giannini Middle School, San Francisco