Environmental Science Resource Grants
The Environmental Science Resource Grant Program is to enhance environmental science curriculum through projects, supplies, and professional development.
Any TK-12 grade teacher working at a low-income (as determined by Title 1 status or percentage of students eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch) public school in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, Santa Clara, San Francisco or San Mateo County is eligible to apply.
Limit of five grants per school and one grant per teacher.
Grants of up to $500 are available for the school year and summer learning sessions to enhance environmental science curriculum through projects, supplies, and the teacher’s own professional development. Examples of uses could include:
- Supplies for a summer gardening club
- Water testing kits
- Materials for a compost and/or recycling unit
- An online academic subscription
- A workshop or training session for teachers
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Scan and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date and notation on top that request is for an Environmental Science Grant
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax numbers
- Your name, grade level, email address
- Description of your classroom and funding need (Please state your Title 1 status and/or percentage of students eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch)
- Total amount requested
- Itemized list of how the money will be spent in relation to your Environmental Science curriculum
- Who the check should be made payable to (school, district or PTA only) and the address the check should be mailed to
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and principal. (If you cannot get your application physically signed, please cc your principal/director when submitting your request by email and let them know to respond by confirming that they approve your application for review. This email will serve as their “signature”)
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or email@example.com.
FUNDING IS AVAILABLE FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR.
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
This program is made possible with funding from the Lampert Byrd Foundation, the Maxwell | Hanrahan Foundation, and PVF donors.
More from our blog
Help us keep this program thriving.
“These grants have been a vital resource for us here in the science department, as it is so expensive and difficult taking students out of the classroom. Our subject, biology, lends itself to going outside, yet so often we are confined to the walls of classrooms. We appreciate your conservation focus which was to provide support to outdoor field trips that teach students important environmental lessons.”
– Jessica Tiatia, 9-12th grade biology teacher