Grants designed to open new vistas to children at low-income schools
Low-income (as determined by Title 1 status and/or percentage of students eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch) public school teachers for grades TK-12, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, and San Francisco counties.
Limit of three grants per school and one grant per teacher.
Grants of up to $1,000 are available to fund 1-day classroom excursions; funds can cover the cost of transportation, admission fees and food.
Examples: go to the beach, go to a museum, take a bay ferry, a classroom hike and picnic. The purpose of this program is to open new vistas to students.
Send your application in as soon as it is ready – money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
It’s easy! Simply fax in (or scan and email) a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Excursion Grant notation
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Your name, email address, grade level
- Title 1 status and/or percentage of students eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch
- Total amount requested
- Description of your trip, including when it will take place
- Description of how you will follow COVID safety protocol
- How many students will benefit
- Itemization of how the money will be spent (we encourage same grade level teachers to apply together to maximize this resource grant). Please note that if you are requesting funds for bus transportation, you are required to include a quote from the bus company (or other documentation showing costs) with your application.
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal
Fax your application without a cover sheet to (510) 645-1892, or scan and email your application to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact us at (510) 645-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding is Available for the 2021-2022 School Year
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
This program is made possible with funding by The Geballe Family.
More from our blog
Help us keep this program thriving.
“When I first heard about this grant I thought it was too good to be true! I can’t believe how easy it was to be able to provide such an enriching opportunity.”
– Lissette Averhoff, 5th Grade Teacher, ACORN Woodland Elementary, Oakland, CA