Flood Relief Campaign
As flash floods devastate the Coastside community right now, Ayudando Latinos A Soñar (ALAS) is currently on the ground working with the families that have been severely impacted. The crisis team went out on January 2nd to meet with flood victims and see what is needed and on Tuesday, January 3rd, ALAS opened an emergency center to hand out supplies to families.
The damage caused by the storms is critical and ALAS has started a Flood Relief Campaign to support the community.
Belinda Arriaga provided the following update on Tuesday as they prepare for the next storm to hit. “A huge thanks to EVERYONE for the outpouring of care for families impacted by the flood. Today, thanks to you all, food and an abundance of supplies were delivered and ALAS has put five additional families in hotels for emergency housing.
Children were given special care packages and those in hotels were provided food for several days, plus we reached out to families and are continuing to work to provide support in the next days of the storm. Your Coastside and Bay Area love is deeply felt for those in need at this time of crisis! We will continue forward with your tremendous support.“
The following items continue to be the most requested by families at this time:
- HOME: warm blankets, bedding, pillows (new), plastic tarps, toilet paper, beds, furniture, plastic bins and laundry baskets
- CLEAN UP: mops, garbage bags, rags/microfiber cleaning cloths, bleach, gloves, dehumidifiers
- CLOTHING: warm rain ponchos, boots, gloves, socks. Due to Covid restrictions, all clothing must be new.
- FOOD: breakfast supplies (like cereal and energy bars), instant coffee, jelly, noodle soup, peanut butter, tuna, bottled water, Ensure, plastic cutlery
- BABY: baby formula, diapers, and wipes
Donations may be left on doorstep or outside door at:
- ALAS Office 636 Purissima St., Half Moon Bay CA 94019, 9 am to 5 pm
- 411 Kelly Ave – Abundant Grace
- 662 Potter Ave
- 420 Main Street – Earth Impact 9 am – 5 pm
- 615 Valencia Street in El Granada
For more info, contact Lizette at (650)776-9896.
To donate online to ALAS, please click the button below.