Our Programs > Excursion Grants
Excursion Grants are available to open new vistas to children.
Funding for this program is exhausted.
Excursion Grants For Public School Teachers grades K-5 from low-income schools in Alameda and San Mateo Counties.
Who: Public school teachers, grades K-5, working in Alameda and San Mateo counties. There is a limit of two grants per school each school year.
What: Grants of up to $1,000 are available to fund 1-day classroom excursions; funds can cover the cost of transportation, admission fees and food. The purpose of this program is to open new vistas to children. Examples: go to the beach, visit a museum, take a bay ferry, or go on a hike. Please note: we do not fund overnight field trips.
How: We've made it easy! Simply fax in a description of your idea on school letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Excursion Grant notation
- School and district name, address, telephone and fax number
- Your name, email address, grade level, classroom description, and number of children being served
- Total amount requested
- Description of your trip, including how it will enhance your classroom program and when it will take place
- How many students will benefit
- Itemization of how the money will be spent, including the exact cost of transportation, admissions, etc. We encourage same grade level teachers to apply together to maximize this resource grant.
- Applications must be signed by both the submitting teacher and the school principal
- Fax your application without a cover sheet to (510) 645-1892(510) 645-1892
Deadline: Send your request in as soon as it is ready. If approved, funds will immediately be disbursed.
*Please note the limit of two grants per school*
This program is made possible with funding by The Geballe Family.