Facebook Local Community Fund
Grants for non-profits serving the Belle Haven community of Menlo Park and East Palo Alto
Grants of up to $10,000 are available for non-profit programs serving East Palo Alto and the Belle Haven community of Menlo Park. Grants should support programs helping to meet needs during the COVID-19 epidemic, such as food insecurity, mental health, homeless services, distance learning resources to support students who must work from home. Grants should be for projects that can begin immediately and be utilized within 6 months of receiving funds.
All organizations that meet the following criteria are welcome to apply:
- 501(c)(3) non-profits with a history of proven success in providing services to the Belle Haven community of Menlo Park.
- 501(c)(3) non-profits with a history of proven success in providing services to the East Palo Alto community.
- This year we are focusing on support for programs helping to meet needs during the COVID-19 epidemic, such as food insecurity, mental health, homeless services, distance learning resources to support students who must work from home.
- Grants should be for projects that can begin immediately and be utilized within 6 months of receiving funds.
- Grants will support small, grassroots programs that have a big impact, and preference will be given to agencies with an annual budget of $1.5 million or less. No grants will be given to agencies with budgets over $2 million.
- An organization may apply for one grant each cycle. For example, please do not apply for a grant in Belle Haven and another one in East Palo Alto.
- If the Facebook Local Community Fund has funded your organization in the past and you would like to apply again, please provide an overview of the results of the most recent grant in 500 words or less. (This overview can be uploaded with the online application if it has not been previously submitted.)
- Public agencies, schools, and school foundations are not
- Nonprofits providing programming on a school campus are eligible. Please provide a letter of support about your work from the school principal/director or authorized school personnel.
Submit your application by May 31, 2020. Grantees will be notified by June 30, 2020. Applications are reviewed by the advisory board of the Facebook Local Community Fund.
Please follow these steps in order to apply:
- Click here to visit the online application portal. (Portal is closed.)
- Create a login account.
- Complete the online application. Please note you can save a draft of your application and return at a later time before officially submitting it.
The application period is closed.
WANT TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR OPEN PROGRAMS?
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we are constantly updating you on which programs have funding and which programs have become exhausted.
“From our perspective, this is a local community fund designated to further develop our relationships with our neighbors. Feeding this fund with $500,000 will allow us to begin the process of working towards an understanding of what the needs are in the community.”
– Susan Gonzales, Facebook’s head of community engagement