Our Programs > Social Worker/CASA Resource Grants
"Please accept my humble thank you for the gift to buy new glasses to make a better life for my CASA child. For a child who in her young life has experienced so many difficulties and so little good, the knowledge that there are people such as your organization who care is priceless." Tuula Talvi, CASA, Contra Costa County, California.
Funding for this program is currently available! See how to apply below!
What: Grants of up to $250 will be awarded to Social Workers or Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) to help meet the critical needs of clients who are children in dependency court. Examples include funding for eye glasses, dental care, medical testing, clothing, school supplies, tutoring, music lessons, summer camp, etc.
Due to a high volume of requests, we are unable to fund senior-related activities, such as prom dresses or graduation items.
Who: Any Children & Family Services Social Worker or Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) working with foster care youth in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties is eligible to apply. Social Workers are eligible to apply for a maximum of two grants in a one-year period. CASAs are eligible to apply for a maximum of one grant in a one-year period.
How: We have made it easy! Simply fax in a description of your idea on county or agency letterhead, including the following information:
- Date and Social Worker/CASA Resource Grant notation
- Your name, title, email, address, telephone & fax number
- Description of the child and reason funding is needed (impact it will have)
- Total amount requested and detail of how money will be spent itemizing unit prices.
- Who to make the check payable to if awarded. Checks can be made payable to the social worker, CASA, or sometimes directly to a vendor (if paid to a vendor, please provide name of payee, and address; check will be mailed to the social worker/CASA)
- Application must have signature approval and contact information of your supervisor
Deadline: Send your fax in as soon as it is ready - money is limited. Funding will be immediately available, if approved.
Fax your application to (510) 645-1892(510) 645-1892